Board of Directors
|Director – Comunications
|Director – Greens
|Director – Finance
|Director – House & Bar
|Director – At Large
|Administration and Management
|– Recruits new members accord to Bylaws
|– Implements Board approved programs
|– Provides training to Board Members
|– Carries out day to day operations
|– Maintains minutes of Board Meetings
|– Enforces by-laws
|– Looks after fiduciary responsibilities
|– Approves all program ideas
|Makes overriding policies in areas of organization, programs, finances, personnel
|Implements approved policies and report violations to the board.
|Ensures the Club is properly run and proper procedures are followed.
Compiles information and reports to the board regularly.
Alerts the board if unethical or illegal issues arise.
|Develops and approves goals and plans.
|Works with board to develop goals and plans.
|Recruits, hires and evaluates Management
|Hires and evaluates personnel
|Represents Golf Club in the community
|Assists board with community relations
Basic Responsibilities of the Board
- To direct the golf club on behalf of the members, who collectively are responsible to the Town for the obligations under the lease, in accordance with the stated Constitution and By-laws.
- To facilitate the maintenance and improvements of the golf course in accordance with the lease with the Town of Qualicum Beach.
- To ensure there is a competent manager in place to properly operate the Golf Club and aid in its ability to fulfill its obligations to the leasor. Also, to ensure there is a draft plan in place for the continued management of the Club beyond the current contract period.
- To establish the rules by which board members, staff and volunteers will conduct the business of the golf club.
- To develop short and long range goals and objectives and to approve the programs that meet those objectives
- To ensure that policies and procedures are in place that will promote ongoing review and evaluation of policy development, program effectiveness, board, contractor and staff performance, membership trends and needs, etc.
- To build and maintain a positive relationship with the Town of Qualicum Beach and the neighbors of the golf course.
- To represent and advocate for the golf club in the community
- To ensure that there is provision for timely succession to the Board
- To conduct interactive meetings with members for evaluation on the performance of the Board and the general progress of the Club